100mg/ml - 10ml/vial
Risk of estrogen levels/estrogen-mediated effects: No
Risk of cardiovascular issues with use: Yes, moderate
Risk of hepatic strain with use: No
Stemming from a form of accessory treatment for breast cancer, Drostanolone soon found its way into athletes’ programs looking to boost their performance or appearance.
It became known as a highly efficient agent because it was manufactured not to partially convert into estrogen, its purpose being for breast cancer. This differentiated it from so many other anabolics, meaning athletes could use it when they needed a more efficient way to boost lean mass and strength, as they wouldn’t have to worry about a concurrent buildup of water and fat. It even helped further by partially acting as an estrogen blocking agent, which may help prevent other testosterone chemicals from partially converting too.
From a chemical perspective, the changes that made this possible were firstly the fact that it was based from Dihydrotestosterone, which doesn’t aromatize, and that it had a methyl group added to the 17th alpha carbon point of the structure, which increased its anabolic potency.
Meanwhile, the fast acting Propionate chemical delivery agent attached to it allowed its effect to take place relatively quickly, with a lifespan of 4 days.
Because of the quick and efficient way that Drostanolone can help athletes, bodybuilders, or recreational users gain lean mass and strength, it is commonly used in programs where the main objective is to maintain lean mass, and the strength and power that comes with it, while reducing fat to cut down in size and weight.
Its perceived lower anabolic potency means it is rarely used in other programs. However, many underestimate this potency when, in fact, it has around 3 to 5 times more than testosterone. So, it may well have been used in programs where the goal is steady and efficient gains in lean mass alone.
The use of Drostanolone, like any anabolic agent, provides a range of both favorable and unfavorable effects that should be reviewed before including it into your regimen.
The beneficial effects are clear and relatively well-known:
- An increase in the rate and magnitude of lean mass increases, more so than would be observed through exercise and proper nutrition alone.
- An increase in strength and power output capacity due to increases in muscle mass.
- A rise in red blood cell production, which helps increase nutrient transport, work capacity and recovery between bouts of activity.
- Partial inhibition of the aromatization process, which may help boost free testosterone levels as well as prevent fluid and fat retention and buildup, particularly with concurrent use of other anabolics.
With all of these benefits, it’s not hard to see why many athletes like to use Drostanolone. However, these must be tempered with some of the drawbacks, which are listed below.
While Drostanolone is one of the more user-friendly and milder steroids on the market, there are still some adverse effects that are possible with its use. Namely:
- The increase in risk of cardiovascular events through the rise in unhealthy cholesterol, arterial stiffness and heart size all caused by the drug.
- An (albeit far lower) risk of androgenic effects, which could still cause bouts of oily skin and acne, some balding in genetically predisposed people, and virilizing effects in women, although it’s far less likely than with other anabolic .
- The reduction of natural testosterone production, which will persist after use has stopped, which will mean males will need to use both exogenous testosterone while taking this, and Post Cycle Therapy thereafter to both prevent deficiency related problems during, and after the use of Drostanolone, respectively .
|Package||1 vial (10 ml/vial)|
|Substance||Drostanolone Propionate 100 mg/ml|
|Common name||Masteron Propionate|